Chicken with Broccoli
Healthy and Easy Chinese Food Recipe Series
This recipe is finely selected by China Travel Golden Route and sponsored by ChineseFoodDIY.
CHICKEN WITH BROCCOLI
- 2 whole chicken breasts
- 1 large head or 2 small heads broccoli
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp sherry
- 2 tsp corn flour
- 1 cup good chicken stock
- 1 tbsp olive oil
Grated fresh ginger to taste. I use about 2 tbsp (keep fresh ginger in the freezer, and when required grate it straight from freezer)
1/2 cup cashew nuts or blanched almonds
Crisp Fried Rice noodles or Orgran Rice Pasta
- Cook noodles or pasta.
- Skin the chicken, cut into pieces.
- Wash broccoli and break into small stalks.
- Combine salt, browning, and sherry in a bowl, mix well.
- Heat oil in wok, add ginger, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add chicken, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add sauce mixture and broccoli, bring to boil, stirring, reduce heat, cover and simmer 3-4 minutes, adding more stock if necessary.
- Add nuts, serve on noodles or pasta.
Per Serving (excluding unknown items):
- 277 Calories;
- 14g Fat (44.1% calories from fat);
- 28g Protein;
- 10g Carbohydrate;
- 2g Dietary Fiber;
- 72mg Cholesterol;
- 587mg Sodium.
Real & Healthy Chinese Cooking" -
Nicholas Zhou's cookbook with
500+ low carb and low fat recipes with 170+ colorful pictures. Based on a master chef's 40 years of cooking practice and 4 years of writing and research, it has helped 12,800 people worldwide improve their health.
Return from Chicken with Broccoli back to main recipes page