Kung Pao Chicken
Healthy and Easy Chinese Food Recipe Series
This recipe is finely selected by China Travel Golden Route and sponsored by ChineseFoodDIY.
KUNG PAO CHICKEN
- 1 lb. boned, skinned chicken breasts - cubed
- 3 Tbls. soy sauce - divided
- 1 1/2 Tbls. cornstarch mixed with 1 1/2 Tbls. cold water
- 1 Tbls. dry sherry
- 1 Tbls. granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 3 1/2 Tbls. vegetable oil - divided
- 1/2 cup unsalted roasted peanuts
- 4-8 dried red chili peppers - chopped
- 1 slice peeled, fresh ginger - chopped
- 1 clove garlic - sliced
- Combine chicken, 1 Tbls. soy sauce, and cornstarch/water mixture; allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Combine 2 Tbls. soy sauce, sherry, sugar, cornstarch, salt, and sesame oil; set aside.
- In a hot wok, stir-fry the peanuts in 1 1/2 Tbls. vegetable oil until golden brown, remove peanuts from wok, and set aside.
- Fill wok with vegetable oil for frying and heat to 350 degrees. Carefully slide the chicken into the wok, piece by piece, and fry for 1 minute.
- Remove chicken from oil and drain on a brown paper bag. Remove oil from wok.
- In hot wok, stir-fry the red peppers in 2 Tbls. vegetable oil until they turn dark. Add ginger, garlic, and chicken to the wok and fry, stirring constantly. Stir the prepared sauce and add to the wok. Stir and cook wok contents until the sauce is thickened. Stir in peanuts and serve.
Real & Healthy Chinese Cooking" -
Nicholas Zhou's cookbook with
500+ low carb and low fat recipes with 170+ colorful pictures. Based on a master chef's 40 years of cooking practice and 4 years of writing and research, it has helped 12,800 people worldwide improve their health.
Return from Kung Pao Chicken to recipes main page.